Review packet was handed out and nearly completed in class on Friday 2/24. Essay on back page to be completed at home. Original writing ONLY! Due Monday 2/27 before Chapter 6 Test. (File Attached)
Objetivos: To express ownership using possessive adjectives
Lo que hicimos: Presentation with notes and practice. 2) Dice game (sentence practice) with Paraguay partners. 3) Possessive Adj worksheet (due for homework tomorrow)
Objetivos: To discuss the culture and tradition involved in a Quinceañera in comparison to American culture.
Lo que hicimos: Watch Quinceañera video. (no digital copy) Pair edit (ir) + a + infinitive homework
objetivos: To talk about what someone has to or must do using tener+que+infinitive formula
lo que hicimos:
* Peer edit Tener homework.
* Notas Guiadas with conversation about idiomatic expressions using tener
* Práctica con compañeros: I have to eat: "Tengo que comer" You have to study= "Tienes que estudiar." We have to work= "tenemos que trabajar"
* Sentences worksheet due for homework
objetivos: To talk about age using the verb tener. To talk about what I have and you have using tengo and tienes.
lo que hicimos:
* Practice with "tener+#+años" with Señor Winky. "Cuántos años tienes?" (How old are you) "Yo tengo ____ años." (I am ____ years old) "¿Cuántos años tiene él/ella?" (How old is he or she?)
* Notas guiadas: verb forms and explaination of conjugation of the verb "tener"
* Práctica con compañeros: pg 168 letra A
* Cultura de Repaso- Review of previous day's reading
* Tener Worksheet due Tomorrow
objetivos: to answer comprehension questions after reading a passage in Spanish. To learn about the family culture in Spanish Speaking countries.
lo que hicimos: Bookwork: pages 178-180 read and answer all Despues de Leer questions. Show work and new terms.
objetivo: To correct vocabulary and grammar mistakes from Chapter 5 assessment
- Food, Drink, Café, Market and Supermarket vocabulary
- ER and IR verb conjugations
Be sure to answer ALL questions and follow ALL directions. A correct answer without showing work will not be counted as correct. The leading questions or requirements allow you to indicate to me how you arrived at the correct answer.
If you have not received your graded Chapter 5 test, please see me ASAP.
>>>>> Click HERE for test correction instructions and questions. Due MONDAY, Feb 13th
Wednesday and Thursday are reserved for Family Tree presentations.
* Come to class prepared with your project and rubric (due at time of random selection to present)
- If you are not ready when your name is called you will lose 5 points on your total score (5 points per day that it is late)
- If you do not present 2 days in a row when called, you will lose 10 points for being late and 8 points for the verbal presenation (the only days set aside for presentations are the 9th and 10th)
* Be prepared to make some general statements about your family and describe at least 3 people in your family tree.
* Be respectful and attentive to others who are presenting
* Read your rubric and be sure to meet all requirements!
If time allows on either day, students will have time to work on Chapter 5 Test Corrections (Due Monday) or to play Cluedo for vocab practice.
Click here to view the Family Tree Project instructions and rubric. This assignment is due Thursday, Feb 9. You will be expected to be prepared to present your family tree to the class on this day.
objetivos: to solve a sequence puzzle using ordinal numbers, to solve mysteries using family and house vocabulary and deductive reasoning
que hicimos: Group puzzle activity to figure out the order based on clues. Groups of 3 or 4 - practice vocab by playing Cluedo. (Clue)
resources: Pick up Ordinal Numbers worksheet in class (was handed out Tuesday in many classes)
tarea: Work on Family Tree!
objetivo: To talk about what families do in their homes, to talk about sequence using ordinal numbers
que hicimos: Presentation and discussion of vocab on pg 165 with worksheet: pair nouns with verbs and floors in an elevator
resources: Palabras 2 WKST
tarea: Work on Family Tree!
objetivo: To talk about the rooms in a house
que hicimos: Palabras 2 del Capítulo 6: Simpson's House Powerpoint with notes. Use powerpoint or book to fill in the floorplan of the Simpson house. Práctica con compañeros pg 166 letra A
Tarea: Work on Family Tree! (Due Thursday)
objetivo: To answer questions about members of a family (How they are related and what they do)
que hicimos: Vocab List check. Palabras 1 pg 161 intro and review with whiteboards, practice with partners letters A,B and C ong pgs 162-163 with partners
tarea: Family Tree Worksheet